This Creamy Chicken Florentine is pure comfort food for days when you crave a good, warm meal. It takes 30 minutes, has less than ten ingredients and the creamy wine sauce mixed with sautéed spinach will have your entire family raving about it.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup White Wine (or chicken broth)
- 3 cups Baby Spinach loosely packed
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat and add the chicken breasts. Cook the breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through and a light golden brown. Remove the chicken onto a plate.
- In the same pan, add garlic and saute for minute until fragrant. Add white wine to the pan and let it simmer and reduce for a few minutes. Stir the wine around so that any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan come off.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted while stirring occasionally. This will take about two minutes. Once the spinach has wilted, add cream cheese and heavy cream. Bring this to a gentle simmer, making sure that the cream cheese has completely melted and is mixed well.
- Add the chicken breasts back to the pan, spoon the sauce over and simmer for a minute or two before turning off the heat. Serve hot.