Creamy and delicious vegetarian mushroom and spinach gnocchi with a creamy parmesan and white wine sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 12 ounces portobello mushrooms chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 pound uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1 generous handful baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped, to taste
- Add the olive oil to a skillet on medium high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. It's ok if it becomes lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes.