#Roundsteakandgravy #Peanutbuttercuppokecake #Dinnerideasfamilymaindishes #Buntcakerecipes #Lemoncrinklecookiesrecipecakemixes #Dinnerrecipesforfamilymaindishes #Bruschettarecipe #Safaribirthdayparty #Safaribabyshowercake #Safaribabyshowerboy #Junglethemebabyshowerideas #Wildonebirthdaycake A simple, moist lemon cake recipe inspired by the Italian Amalfi coast, infused with layers of fresh lemon and a limoncello-spiked glaze.
- 1 1/4 cups (150 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (56 grams) fine blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/4 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 (250 grams) cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
- 1 cup buttermilk LEMON GLAZE
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons limoncello liqueur or lemon vodka
- Freshly grated lemon zest, for garnish
- Butter and flour a 9-inch ring cake pan or plain tube cake pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with the rack in the center.
- Whisk the flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar in an electric mixer on medium-high speed with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated, then add the lemon zest.
- Adjust the mixer speed to low (stir). Add half the flour mixture and half the buttermilk. Mix until combined, then add the remaining flour mixture and buttermilk until blended.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes - a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Cool in the pan 15 minutes.
- Run a blunt knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cake, then invert onto a rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, stir the sugar, lemon juice and limoncello together until smooth. Drizzle over the cake and sprinkle with zest over the top.