A noodle-less, low carb zucchini lasagna with an incredible turkey meat sauce! Cheesy, protein-packed, low carb and you get your veggies in. What more is there to say?! You must try this lovely dinner!
Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna with Spicy Turkey Meat Sauce
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 large zucchini, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 - 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 - 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- handful of basil, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- handful of parsley, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup )
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper, if desired
- red pepper flakes, if desired
- salt and pepper, to taste For the ricotta cheese mixture:
- 15 oz part skim ricotta
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces reduced fat or part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place sliced zucchini on large baking sheet coated with non stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes to help dry out the zucchini a bit. This is a critical step.