BUFFALO CHICKPEA SLIDERS | #BUFFALO #CHICKPEASLIDERS #BUFFALOCHICKPEASLIDERS #Cookingrecipes #Vegetarianveganrecipes #Veggierecipes #Veganeating #Vegandishes #Wholefoodrecipes #Vegetarianveganrecipes #Vegetariandishes #Meatlessmeals #Veggieburger
- For the burgers:
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed + 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 15-oz can cooked chickpeas (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (both white and green parts)
- 1/3 cup Frank's RedHot original hot sauce (I don't recommend substituting other brands)
- sprinkle of kosher salt and black pepper
- olive oil for pan-frying
- For the lightened-up blue cheese dressing:
- ½ cup crumbled or chopped blue cheese
- 6 oz. (3/4 cup) non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about ¼ of a lemon)
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of onion powder
- sprinkle of ground black pepper
- To serve:
- slider buns
- slices of cheddar cheese
- more sliced green onions
- Mix ground flax and water together in a small bowl. Set aside for at least 5 minutes while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Add oats to a food processor or blender and process to a flower. Add chickpeas, rice, grated carrot, green onions, and hot sauce. Pour in flax mixture and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Pulse several times until mixture is roughly ground and holds together. (Be careful not to overprocess or your patties won't hold their shape! I should note that I have tried mashing the chickpeas by hand, but definitely recommend using a food processor or blender if you can. It is tough to get the mixture to stick together enough if mashing by hand.)
- Shape into patties. For best results, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before continuing; the longer you refrigerate the patties, the less fragile they will be.
- While the sliders are in the fridge, make the lightened-up blue cheese dressing. Blend all ingredients together (I used my mini food processor) until only small chunks of blue cheese remain. Taste and adjust; I added a bit more vinegar and black pepper.
- When ready to cook, heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add about 1 Tbsp olive oil. Once hot, gently place the chickpea patties in the skillet and cook until golden-brown on the bottom, 5-ish minutes. Carefully flip and brown on the other side.
- Serve sliders on toasted buns with blue cheese dressing, slices of cheddar cheese, lettuce, and sliced green onions. Devour!
- Cooked patties can be kept covered in the refrigerator for several days. Reheat in a 350-degree oven for 5-10 minutes.
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.7/5 based on 574 customer reviews