#Souprecipeseasy #Cheesychickenenchiladasoup #Latinfood #7cantacosoup #Cheesychickentortillasoup #Mexicanpartyfood #Cheesychickentortillasoup #Tortellinirecipessoup #Cookingrecipes #Delicioussoup #Soupsandstews #Soupandsalad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 of 1 yellow onion, diced (optional)*
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (10 ounces) red enchilada sauce (I use mild)
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes with green chiles added in, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili beans in mild sauce (found near kidney beans in the grocery store)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) fire-roasted corn, drained
- 3 and 1/4 cups Swanson Chicken Stock** (you can use Swanson Chicken Broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 ounces full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cups pre-shredded rotisserie chicken
- Toppings: tortilla strips, sour cream, avocado, fresh lime, and fresh cilantro
- Place a large dutch oven or pot over medium high heat and add the olive oil. While that oil is heating, give a quick dice to the yellow onion. Alternatively add a pre-chopped onion (or frozen chopped onion) to the oil once it is hot and shimmering. Saute, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes. (While the onion is cooking, open and prepare cans.
- Add in the garlic and stir for another 30 seconds. Pour in the enchilada sauce, the undrained fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained chili beans, drained and rinsed black beans, drained corn, and chicken stock or broth. Stir to combine and increase the heat to high. While it's heating through to a boil, add in the cumin, paprika, seasoned salt, pepper, and chili powder. Stir again.
- Meanwhile, cube the cream cheese into small cubes (it should be very softened -- melt in microwave). Once the soup is boiling, stir in the cream cheese. Let that melt down a bit while you grate the cheddar cheese.
- Briskly whisk the soup until the cream cheese completely melts into the soup. Stir in the grated cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Stir in the rotisserie chicken.
- Serve with your favorite toppings such as sour cream (we use fat free), a chopped avocado, fresh lime juice, tortilla strips, fresh chopped cilantro, pico de gallo, guac, etc. -- whatever you like best!
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.8/5 based on 554 customer reviews